Ruckus Networks Scores CBRS Certification
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, today announced it is the first technology provider to achieve FCC certification for Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS). This certification covers Ruckus' entire portfolio of 3.5 GHz access points under its OpenG™ brand. This is another huge step towards commercial deployments on the CBRS band for enterprise-driven private LTE networks and service provider network augmentation.
Applications utilizing CBRS technologies include wide-area surveillance cameras, mobile point-of-sale, remote data transfer to critical communications and private LTE networks. CBRS improves the wireless coverage and capacity on a large scale, making it ideal for in-building, public space and industrial IoT wireless requirements in a world where spectrum is limited but data demand is not.
The Ruckus OpenG LTE portfolio enables enterprises and service providers to deploy specific LTE networks to ensure a high quality-of-service for business-critical applications and use cases. The Ruckus OpenG LTE portfolio includes:
- Ruckus Q710—A high-capacity, indoor CBRS LTE access point
- Ruckus Q910— An integrated, outdoor CBRS LTE access point
- Ruckus cEMS—Cloud-based element management system (cEMS) delivered as a subscription service that brings Wi-Fi like simplicity and zero-touch provisioning to LTE AP management.
- Ruckus cEPC—Cloud-based evolved packet core (cEPC) delivered as subscription service that provides required LTE network core functionality and subscriber management.
- Ruckus cSAS—Cloud-based spectrum allocation server (cSAS) delivered as a subscription service that ensures spectrum availability per CBRS requirements
Arris Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS)