Light Reading's 22 Most Popular Huawei Stories in 2018
We're going to have seatbelts installed in the office chairs for reporters who cover Huawei.
I worry that the hairpin turns and sharp reversals in the company's fortunes are finally going to loosen our scribes' grip on their desks, where they've been white-knuckling it since 2018 began.
From massive revenues, profits and 5G equipment shipments to a nearly worldwide conspiracy to put the company in its place, the stories about Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd in Light Reading during this calendar year have been all over the place -- seemingly growing more dramatic and ominous by the day.
Have a look at this list of Light Reading's most popular Huawei stories, and you'll see what I mean. Effusive praise, dire warnings, big contracts and massive upheaval -- it's all par for the course when the main subject is Huawei.
- Could Japan Also Bar Huawei, ZTE?
- Will China React to Latest US Huawei, ZTE Slapdown?
- Huawei Poses Security Threat, Says UK Watchdog
- Huawei, ZTE Face US Federal Ban
- Rubio Responds to Huawei 'Attack'
- Huawei Embroiled in Santa Clara Whistleblower Court Case
- Huawei Cut Out of BT's Mobile Core, Optical & Edge Plans
- How the West Can Hurt Huawei
- Huawei Frozen Out of Orange's 5G Paris Party
- 5G Won't Solve Everything, Warns Huawei Boss
- Huawei Hits $92B in 2017 Sales
- Ericsson Beefs Up With Telefónica Argentina as Huawei Goes Hungry
- Nokia Sitting Pretty After Week of Turmoil for Huawei, Ericsson
- BT Is Stripping Huawei From its Mobile Core Network – FT Report
- Huawei Boss Slams 'Ignorant' Rubio on Research Restrictions
- Huawei Dwarfs Ericsson, Nokia on R&D Spend in 2017
- Huawei's $800M 5G Budget Piles Pressure on Ericsson, Nokia
- Nokia, Samsung Miss Out as Three UK Gives 5G Job to Huawei
- Orange Rules Out Huawei for 5G in France
- US Ban on Huawei Would Trigger Turmoil in Telecom Industry
- Huawei Can Help Cut 90% of Networks Operations Jobs, Says Senior Exec
- BT's McRae: Huawei Is 'the Only True 5G Supplier Right Now'
— Phil Harvey, US News Editor, Light Reading