Apple has said that it sold 3 million new iPads in 10 countries since the launch last Friday (March 16). UBS analyst John Hodulik writes that up to half were sold in the U.S., and both AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) and Verizon Wireless saw strong sales.
Many of the new iPads sold were 4G models, Hodulik writes:
- The new iPad is available with Wi-Fi only or with 4G connectivity (LTE and HSPA+). While roughly 60% of prior iPad sales were Wi-Fi only, we believe the mix for the new device is closer to 50/50. With an HD screen, faster processor and higher-resolution camera, we believe this device will drive demand for faster connectivity.
- Apple Ships 3M iPads in Opening Weekend
- Why Apple's iPad Can't LTE Band Hop
- The New Apple iPad: Wi-Fi or LTE?
- Apple's New LTE iPad Draws Crowds in NYC
- iPad: No 4G Switcheroo for You!
— Dan Jones, Site Editor, Light Reading Mobile