Light Reading Mobile has previously reported on the need to think small when deploying LTE. The theory is that it will be easier to maintain high data rates with a dense network deployment where more users are closer to many more smaller radios. These micro base stations are one of the first signs of this theory being put into practice.
Want more? We've got your back-reading:
- LRTV Gets Ready for MWC
- RFMD Goes to MWC
- Qualcomm Looks to Future at MWC
- ZTE Does IMS 6.0
- Dilithium Brings 'Galaxy' to MWC
- AT&T Picks AlcaLu, Ericsson for LTE
- Agilent Boosts LTE Test
- Altair, Aeroflex Ink LTE Deal
- Roke Schedules LTE Base Stations
For all the best news, views, pictures, and video reports before, during, and after MWC 2010, check out our Mobile World Congress Show Site.