Being in the press biz, we marvel at their ability to keep on their smiley face and say things are peachy, while behind closed doors the company is taking the hacksaw to staff and budget. Headcount, of course, doesn't blame the flacks for their flacking; a job's a job, after all. (Hey -- in Amsterdam, even the prostitutes have a union!) We suspect, though, that even the flacks must sometimes marvel at the whoppers they're required to parrot in these anarchic times.
Anyway, enough musing on misinformation. Let's get to some hard facts, as we review some of the past week's most interesting hirings and firings:
Here's a summary of other industry appointments, disappointments, and other employment related news from the past several days:
- Ericsson CEO Names New Team
- Avici Gets Another New Sales Boss
- France Telecom Exec Named APNIC Chair
- AT&T Trims Management Fat
- AMCC Restructures, Lays Off
- Nokia Slashes Network Division
- Sprint President/COO Steps Down
- Ixia Adds to Board
- WorldCom Reorganizes, Becomes MCI
- DataPower Names CEO/President
- MCI's Customer Service Mystery Solved?
- Luminous Appoints New CFO
- Broadbus Hires CTO
- TI Founder Green Dies
- Will WaveSmith Execs Stick Around?
— Phil Harvey and Marguerite Reardon, Senior Editors, Light Reading