This week we highlight Google and the wannabes of mobile search, cable as an app, and the future of telecom markets in Nigeria and Nicaragua, then give our take on cheap handsets and Yota bringing LTE to Russia. It's all this week in a cheap and cheerful edition of Research Rewind.
- Google struggles to say in shape: "Mobile Search: Growth of Voice and Local Search Challenge the Dominance of Google"
- Cable's new starring role on mobile devices: "Click Me! Cable Becomes an App on Consumer Electronics" (related Analyst Note: "The Rise of Cable Apps")
- An African market ready for its close-up: "Nigeria: Opened Markets and New Infrastructure Stoke Competitive Fires"
- When data services go well: "Nicaragua: Growing Faster Than Latin American Average Through 2015"
- Cheap makes cheerful: "We Want 8.3bn Smart, Cheap Handsets"
- LTE with a Russian accent: "Yota Moves Forward With LTE"
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research