"This coincides with the end of the Verizon exclusive," Zabitsky tells Light Reading. "Stores are rumored to have received demonstrator models on April 1."
ACI also expects Sprint Corp. (NYSE: S) to get the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus in "the near term" as well.
LR Mobile asked Vodafone about microSIM suppliers for the new device, but the mega-carrier isn't saying a lot. "We use various manufacturers for the supply of Micro SIMs around the world," a spokeswoman said via email.
Need more? Never fear, click here:
- LSN Brings Local News to Android
- Enhanced WeFi Launches on Android
- FLO TV to Expand Its Offering
- Opera Mini Lands on App Store
- Beceem Racks Up WiMax Device Wins
- Green Packet Unveils WiMax Modems
— Dan Jones, Site Editor, Light Reading Mobile