This week we look at the future of location-based services as well as telco markets in El Salvador, South Africa, Malaysia, the Czech Republic and the United Arab Emirates.
- Pyramid published a new research report, "Location-Based Services Market Forecast, 2011-2015." The report provides a detailed overview of the current status and size of the location-based services market. It takes a specific look at the positioning of the mobile operators within the value chain and how they can leverage their assets to take a stake in this growing opportunity. Download an excerpt.
- As promised, Pyramid Research published a spate of new Country Intelligence Reports (CIRs):
- "UAE: Duopoly Leaves Little Room for True Operator Competition in Saturated Market"
- "El Salvador: Value-Added Services and Mobile Data Are Green Shoots in a Saturated Market"
- "South Africa: Undersea Cables Double Broadband Capacity and Widen Service Vistas"
- "Malaysia: Fiber and LTE Rollouts Pave the Way for a Broadband Bonanza"
- "Czech Republic: Mobile Data and Mobile Broadband Pull Market Out of Nosedive"
- Finally, just a reminder that there's still time to register for the upcoming "Making Money on Mobile Broadband" conference in Brazil in June. For more details, see Pyramid Research Senior Analyst Vinicius Caetano's Pyramid Point, "Brazil Goes Louco for Mobile Broadband." Comment on our Facebook page here.
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research