European operators generally have been at the forefront of the deployment of carrier Ethernet, MPLS, and VPLS technology in support of high-performance Ethernet enterprise connectivity services, Ethernet-based business applications like VOIP and storage extension, and Ethernet-based consumer services like IPTV. Heavy Reading has tracked these developments, paying particularly close attention to the transformation taking place in the business data services market.
As in other regions of the world, enterprise customers in Europe increasingly are shifting away from legacy ATM, Frame Relay, and TDM leased-line services toward Ethernet and IP VPN services. The Ethernet award finalists listed below are helping accelerate this shift by delivering the benefits of Ethernet to more customer locations and to a wide range of enterprise end-users, including small and medium-size businesses.
While Heavy Reading has found tremendous change taking place throughout the market, we concluded that the service providers named below are most worthy of consideration for this year’s awards for: (1) Market Leadership; (2) Product Portfolio; and (3) Innovation. Enterprise customers and industry professionals will have a chance to hear directly from these operators during next week’s Ethernet Expo: Europe 2007.
Market Leadership Award Finalists:
- Carrier Ethernet services strategy and plans
- Ethernet services revenue momentum and customer traction
- Breadth, depth, and geographic coverage of Ethernet connectivity services and applications portfolio
- Demonstrated efforts to increase Ethernet service availability
- Demonstrated commitment to deploy new network technologies that enhance the feature-richness of the Ethernet portfolio
- Demonstrated leadership within industry standards bodies and at Ethernet-related public events
- Virgin Media Business Ltd.
- Variety of Ethernet connectivity services and Ethernet-based value-added applications
- Geographic distance options
- Markets served
- Service reach and coverage density within markets
- Service speeds and bandwidth scaleability
- Service performance and bandwidth profile attributes that can be used to make service-level agreements
- Proven means to smoothly migrate customers from legacy data services to next-generation Ethernet services
- Clear commitment to shift customers from legacy data services toward next-generation Ethernet connectivity services and applications
- Deployment of new network technologies that enhance the feature-richness of the Ethernet portfolio
- SLA leadership
- Choice of service access on-ramps
- Solutions tailored for particular industry verticals
- Web service portals and other means of improving the customer experience
- Innovative sales and marketing campaigns
Interested in learning more on this topic? Then come to Ethernet Expo: Europe 2007, a conference and exhibition that will explore major carrier Ethernet networking and service trends. To be staged in London, on May 2 & 3, admission is free for attendees meeting our prequalification criteria. For more information, or to register, click here.