So I'm expecting big things from the Telecom Software category, and indeed from the IP Applications section, in our new industry recognition program, Top Picks 2009.
We have some early nominations, so go check them out here, for the software and here, for IP Applications (VOIP, IMS). All pitches, comments and contributions welcome.
And to help you along, Light Reading's editorial big cheese Phil 'The Hair' Harvey has come up with what bullish (sp?) vendors call "guidance."
How to become one of Light Reading's Top Picks
Here are three things you can do to vault your company into Top Picks contention:
1) Nominate. Let us know what your company is doing that's so great. Don't overthink the category placement or how much information we'll need. Just shout out and tell us you want to be considered and we'll let you know what info we'd like to have.
2) Participate. If we pose a question to you via our message boards, you have to respond on our message boards. If you don't, that could hurt your chances of winning. Having your lazy PR firm cut and paste chunks of your corporate Website into emails is not the way to win this contest. We want to talk to the companies directly and hear why they're excited about what they're selling, building, or planning.
3) Reciprocate. If you really want to be a Top Pick, you'll go the extra mile and help us evaluate your category peers. Why not pose some hard questions to your competitors in the space? Why not challenge our editors to explain why their shortlist of companies includes products and services that are clearly inferior to yours? Most people in telecom don't have that kind of backbone, but for the few that do, your efforts will be rewarded.
Finally, here are some Top Picks links to help you out and cover any questions you may have:
- LR Top Picks Program Launches
- Light Reading's Top Picks FAQ
- Here's an update on Light Reading's flagship awards program, the Leading Lights.
Interested in learning more on this topic? Then come to OSS 2.0: Driving the Services Revolution, a one-day conference for the service provider looking to adapt and transform its OSS for the emerging world of explosive service delivery. To be staged in London, October 14, admission is free for attendees meeting our prequalification criteria. For more information, or to register, click here.