Along with your passport, money, phone, a change of smalls and a toothbrush (preferably yours), you should pack some good walking shoes (because the transport strike means you'll be walking for miles) and the links to the following Light Reading TV videos, so you'll know what's going to be hot on the show floor (apart from Daisy Rollo's coffee). (See GSMA Preps for MWC Strike.)
- MWC 2012: Analyzing Policy Points
- MWC 2012: Small Cells, Wi-Fi and VoLTE
- Mobile Network Security Matters
- Mobile Content Caching Strategies
- VoLTE Is Near
- Mobile Growth Opportunities in Africa
- MWC Preview: Show Time!
- MWC Preview: Behind the Network
Whether you are in Barcelona or not, you can get all the pre-show news, as well as reports from Barcelona during the event, at our Mobile World Congress Show Site.
For those who are going, enjoy the show, the networking, the city, the food -- and be safe!
— Ray Le Maistre, International Managing Editor, Light Reading