- We start at the very beginning -- the first article with Volpi's name. Here Volpi comments on the impact of Cisco's acquisition of some rickety outfit called Cerent. Wonder how that turned out?
- At a November 2000 investor conference, Volpi downplays concern over Cisco losing market share to Juniper.
- One day after Cisco reports a 78 percent drop in earnings (my, how things have changed), Volpi calls for a return to basics in his keynote address at the 2001 Next Generation Networks conference in Boston. By basics, he means: Wear more khaki.
- In 2002, when cutting costs was in style, Volpi says Cisco will continue to invest in innovation.
- In an interview with Light Reading, Volpi comments on a range of subjects from the latest technology trends to his new goatee. We count the goatee comments as a worldwide exclusive.
- In his finest moment, Volpi leads the Cisco United to a dramatic come-from-behind victory over the Light Reading Cosmos in a moment that would tear apart the very fabric of the universe and forever change the way the world views telecommunications. And football.
- In May 2004, Volpi unveils the long anticipated CRS-1 next-generation core router. Contrary to popular anticipation, it was not larger than a fleet of Ford Expeditions.
- In yet another soul-searching interrogation, Volpi sits down with us to discuss our independent test of the new CRS-1.
- In a conference call with Lehman Brothers in April 2005, Volpi maps out Cisco's planned domination of the routing business. Then, thanks to a recent boost of confidence, he challenged them all to a soccer match.
- In May 2006, Volpi makes his most recent appearance in our Top Ten Movers and Shakers list.
What do you think? Take our brand new poll here: Volpi Verdict.
— Phil Harvey, Managing Editor, Light Reading