Top Picks Update: Consumer Services
12:15 PM -- Here are the nominations so far in the Consumer Services category for Light Reading's Top Picks recognition program:
- E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH -- Gettings mobile advertising
- Safaricom Ltd. -- M-PESA mobile banking
- Sezmi Corp. -- Sezmi TV
- Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) -- TV Everywhere
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) -- FiOS TV
We've had pitches from ShoZu and Truphone Ltd. (Truphone), who want to be considered for this award as well. Check out the discussion on the message boards here.
And if you're wondering how to get a cool, new service on this list, here's a reminder of what to do.
How to become one of Light Reading's Top Picks
Here are three things you can do to vault your company into Top Picks contention:
1) Nominate. Let us know what your company is doing that's so great. Don't overthink the category placement or how much information we'll need. Just shout out and tell us you want to be considered and we'll let you know what info we'd like to have.
2) Participate. If we pose a question to you via our message boards, you have to respond on our message boards. If you don't, that could hurt your chances of winning. Having your lazy PR firm cut and paste chunks of your corporate Website into emails is not the way to win this contest. We want to talk to the companies directly and hear why they're excited about what they're selling, building, or planning.
3) Reciprocate. If you really want to be a Top Pick, you'll go the extra mile and help us evaluate your category peers. Why not pose some hard questions to your competitors in the space? Why not challenge our editors to explain why their shortlist of companies includes products and services that are clearly inferior to yours? Most people in telecom don't have that kind of backbone, but for the few that do, your efforts will be rewarded.
Finally, here are some Top Picks links to help you out and cover any questions you may have:
- LR Top Picks Program Launches
- Light Reading's Top Picks FAQ
- Here's an update on Light Reading's flagship awards program, the Leading Lights.