The Philter Index, for Friday, February 3, 2006:
- Number of VOIP customers per hour Comcast Corp. (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) added during 2005: 23
- Number of high-speed Internet customers Comcast added per minute during the final 92 days of 2005: 3
- Number of switch access lines Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) lost per hour during 2005: 271
- Number of new net customers Verizon Wireless added per hour over the last 12 months: 856
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG)'s profit per minute during the final three months of 2005: $2,808
- Amount of AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) senior executive James W. Cicconi's signing bonus, per his Jan. 26 employee retention letter from the company: $768,000
- Estimated cost for BellSouth Corp. (NYSE: BLS) to restore its network after damage related to hurricane Katrina: $700 million to $900 million.
- The man selected as Denver Telecom Executive of the Year by the Denver Telecom Professionals (DTP) organization: Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE: Q) CFO Oren Shaffer
- The DTP's 2004 Exec of the Year pick: Qwest CEO Richard C. Notebaert
Got an item for The Philter Index? Send it to [email protected] and we'll send your reward to some deserving executive at Qwest.
— Phil Harvey, Fackts Editor, Light Reading