The Philter Index, for Friday, November 4, 2005:
- Deadline for Leading Lights Awards entries: Nov. 11. Yes, folks, it has been extended! Happy day!
- Largest fine possible for illegally feeding parking meters in Fort Worth, Texas: $200
- Number of daily cattle drives in Fort Worth: 1
- Price for wireless Internet access while having a beer at the Showdown Saloon in Fort Worth: Free
- Average drop in the U.S. retail price per gallon of gas during the past week: 12.3 cents
- Average rise in the U.S. retail price per gallon of gas from a year ago this week: 44.6 cents
- Google search query that surged in popularity the most during the week of October 31: "Rosa Parks"
- Motivational quote actually used in yesterday's USTelecom newsletter: "The vision of a champion is someone bent over, drenched in sweat, to a point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching." -- Anson Dorrance, collegiate women's soccer coach
- Phone numbers possessed by ILECs, that are available to be assigned: 665 million
- Phone numbers possessed by ILECs that have been assigned to consumers and businesses: 550 million
— Phil Harvey, Fackts Editor, Light Reading