3:30 PM -- From The Philter's Phun Phacts file, some notes on the Pulver 100 and Jeff Pulver, serial entrepreneur. It might interest you to know:
- Jeff Pulver is chairman and founder of at least one Pulver 100 company: Virox. I raised the question earlier and I now have 1/100th of an answer. (See '100' Questions.)
- Pulver is listed as a director and officer of Virox Inc., a stealth mode company of some sort based in Austin, Texas. James Furnivall, Ryan Moore, and Robert Seaver are also listed as directors, according to the company's filings with the State of Texas. Hmmmm… What do they do?
- Pulver has a company registered in New York called World Cup of Poker Corp. Really. So running VON is not the only gamble he's taking.
- State records reveal that some businesses Pulver has founded, and dissolved, over the years include Pulver Music Conference; Softswitch Expo Conference; Telecomputers.com Inc.; Pulver.com Cameraphone Conferences Inc.; and Pulver Decentralizing Technology Conferences Inc.
- Wouldn't it be funny if Pulver did hold a Decentralizing Technology Conference where everyone just went to whatever convention center was closest to them? Hard to pull off, but funny.
- Some active businesses of Pulver's, according to state records, include Blue Lava Productions, which has nothing to do with volcanic rock, we hear. Also, Pulver's name is still on the door at the very fetish-sounding IP4IT (formerly Pulver.com Instant Messaging Conferences Inc.).