As Cisco re-evaluates its businesses, should digital signage stay? Yea or nay?
YEA: It's a way to get consumers engaged in the networked world, by creating kiosks that can become points of sale, for instance. It's a consumer play without having to deal with the brutal business of consumer electronics.
NAY: Doesn't seem to have much to do with switches and routers.
YEA: Digital signs are a highlight of the stadium networks that have gotten Cisco a lot of publicity.
NAY: They would also be part of Cisco Field, if the Oakland A's ever find a site for the thing -- and we know what happens to companies whose names go on stadiums...
Here's what we've discussed about Cisco's reorganization(s) so far.
- Was Cisco Wrong to Chase Consumers? (podcast)
- End of an Eos
- Cisco Flips on Consumer Business
- Scrutiny Hits Cisco's Consumer Business
- Cisco Starts Spring Cleaning
- Cisco Signals Major Restructuring