The path to seal the deal was opened when Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. ended its legal action against Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) earlier this month. The vendor had apparently still been waiting for regulatory approval from Chinese authorities.
Why this matters The acquisition gives NSN 50 additional operator customer accounts in 52 countries and around 6,900 new employees. NSN first announced the buyout, for a planned $1.2 billion, back on July 19.
For more Read more on the buyout below:
- Huawei & Motorola End Trade Secrets Dispute
- NSN, Moto Agree on New Takeover Price
- Court Finds for Huawei vs Moto
- Huawei Wins Restraining Order Against Moto
- NSN 'Has No Interest' in Huawei IPR
- Huawei Sues to Block Moto Sale to NSN
- NSN Expands in North America With Moto Buyout
- NSN & Moto: It's All in the Execution
- Might NSN Choke on Its Moto Morsel?
- Reader Poll: NSN's Best US Fit
— Dan Jones, Site Editor, Light Reading Mobile