AUSTIN, Texas – The comms industry's best and brightest descended on this beautiful city recently for three days and two nights of learning, connecting and having fun at Light Reading's annual Big Communications Event.
By day, attendees got to connect with their peers at sessions focusing on the latest business and technology issues, including SDN and NFV, video, virtualization, New IP, 5G and more. The event comprised two days of programming, May 24 and 25, along with a day of workshops May 23, and nightly entertainment Monday and Tuesday.
We had our cameras going. Here's some of what we saw.
- Leading Lights 2016 Highlights
- Cisco Looks to Open Source for 'Badder Ass' Internet
- AT&T: OPNFV Can Bring Open Source Sanity
- CenturyLink Targets 'Six Nines' Reliability
- Cisco's Patel Hails 'Microculture' Successes
- Ciena Says Toolkit Makes DevOps Easier
- AT&T to Start 5G 'Friendly' Trial by 2016 End
- DT: Telcos Must Escape Vendor Prison
- Facebook: TIP Will Open Telecom Hardware
- Masergy CEO: Key Building Blocks for Better Customer Experience
- Verizon Upskills on 5G at BCE
- OTTs Are Forcing Us to Get Better, Says Cox
- NIA Replacing 'Old Standards Bodies,' Says Cisco
- Rogers Upskills on Adapting to Mobile Video Demand
- AT&T's Margaret Chiosi Retires
- Smart Cities: Rapidly Developing Like Molasses
- WiC Pics: Women in Comms Takes Austin
- Nothing's Going to Stop 4K
- Opex Gloom Grows in New NFV Survey
- Vodafone Demands More From NFV Vendors
- Pics: BCE Crowds Mob New IP Agency Live Interoperability Demos
— Mitch Wagner, , Editor, Light Reading Enterprise Cloud.