It's official, Apple has reached media saturation. Forget about global warming, Middle East turmoil, or globalization. The world's news is a $600 phone.
Just one thought for the Wall Street folks: It seems the markets have been quantifying and pricing into Apple stock exactly how big a hit the iPhone will be. But what if it's not a hit? What if it's a complete dud -- like the new Apple Newton? And if you are looking for a music player -- doesn't an iPhone cannibalize iPod sales, rather than add to them?
I don't think the market has priced in any of that possibility.
At any rate, here are some of the more interesting iPhone stories from around the globe.
- iPhone gives rivals a jolt
- Is this the holy grail of gadgets?
- Carriers lukewarm in iPhone
- High-End Wireless Vulnerable To Apple iPhone
- IPhone sets menacing tone for competition
- Cingular the apple of iPhone's eye
- Apple faces possible problems over iPhone name
- Cisco owns trademark for iPhone
- Apple’s ‘iPhone’ name unsettled even during Jobs keynote
- Yes, it *is* called the iPhone
- Apple's iPhone steals spotlight from rival tech show
- Apple iPhone hits handset makers' shares
- iPhone is No Blackberry Killer - Merrill
- Could the Mac Tablet be far behind the iPhone?
- Apple's Big Day: iPhone, Apple TV, 802.11n Airport WiFi
- iPhone Sparks Beatles Hopes