The U.S. metropolitan areas with the largest employment declines this year include Chicago (-49,000), San Jose (-37,700), Boston (-37,600), and New York (-21,800), according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Conversely, the areas with large employment increases this year include Atlanta (+65,400), Phoenix (+24,500), and, yes, Las Vegas (+28,700).
Ah, well. While we pack our boxes and start reading up on blackjack strategy, take a gander at a few recent hirings and firings in the telecom biz:
Here are some other employment-related postings that caught our eye:
- Betsy Does a Bunk From AT&T
- Inclarity Adds to VOIP Team
- Telewest Takes Restructuring Step
- BellSouth Shuffles Executives
- Arris Appoints Sales SVP
- SIP Forum Picks New Chairman
- Avanex to Pull Out of Livingston
- End of the Road for Kymata?
- Ex-McData EVP to Head XIOtech
- McData Sales Boss McExits
- ElectroniCast Hires FSO Guru
Meanwhile, send your news of telecom hirings and firings to [email protected].
— Phil Harvey, Senior Editor, Light Reading