Bernd-Juergen Brandes, a computer chip developer at Siemens AG (NYSE: SI; Frankfurt: SIE), took the day off work on the day that he was to be eaten.
Late last month, Armin Meiwes, the self-confessed cannibal, was given an eight-and-a-half year prison term by a German court for killing and eating Brandes back in 2001. Meiwes admitted that he killed, dismembered, and partially devoured his victim but added that Brandes had begged Meiwes to commit said crimes.
Brandes was not paid for the day.
While you marvel at the insanity, please note the following telecom industry hirings and firings of the past few days:
Here are some of the other appointments and disappointments from the past several days:
- Eblana Names Head of NA Sales
- VoEx Names Senior VP
- Broadwing Names VOIP VP
- Alfalight Names CEO
- LightConnect Exec Joins Sierra
- Photonics Control Hires Sales VP
- Lehigh Adopts Optiwave Program
- Meriton Gets CFO
- Grubman Returns
- World Wide Packets Bolsters Mgmt Team
- Genesys Gets New CEO, Chairman
- Phyworks Appoints Chairman
- AFS Names S&M VP
- Teknovus Names Chairman
- AFC Elects Frank Ianna to Board
- Lucent Swaps Heads
- Mangrove Recruits Two Execs
- Spirent CEO Steps Down
— Phil Harvey, News Editor, Light Reading