The Leading Lights Awards Are Back!
Is your company having an outstanding year? Have you developed a product, launched a service or formulated a strategy that is truly industry-leading? If so, there's a good chance you will make the shortlist for this year's Leading Lights awards, which are -- without a doubt -- the best in the industry. (So I'm biased!)
This is the 11th time we've held the awards and they're bigger and even more relevant than ever. We have an eye-watering 24 categories (count 'em!), including nine new super-relevant categories covering all manner of hot trends and developments.
You can see the full list (with mini explanations) at the Leading Lights home page, where you can get all the supporting information, link to our FAQs and find the entry forms to fill out.
But here is the full list of the 24 Leading Lights 2015 categories anyway:
- Best New Product (Cable)
- Best New Product (Mobile)
- Best New Product (Telecom)
- Most Innovative SMB Service
- Most Innovative Enterprise Service
- Most Innovative Wireless Service (3G, 4G, Carrier WiFi)
- Most Innovative Carrier Cloud Service
- Most Innovative Ethernet/Optical Service
- Most Innovative Video Service
- Most Innovative NFV Deployment Strategy (Network/Data Center Operator) *NEW*
- Most Innovative NFV Product Strategy (Vendor) *NEW*
- Most Innovative SDN Deployment Strategy (Network/Data Center Operator) *NEW*
- Most Innovative SDN Product Strategy (Vendor) *NEW*
- Most Innovative Security Strategy (Service Provider) *NEW*
- Most Innovative Security Strategy (Vendor) *NEW*
- Most Innovative Gigabit Broadband Service *NEW*
- Most Innovative IoT/M2M Strategy (Service Provider) *NEW*
- Most Innovative IoT/M2M Strategy (Vendor) *NEW*
- Outstanding Components Vendor
- Outstanding Test & Measurement Vendor
- Outstanding OSS/BSS Vendor
- Company of the Year (Private)
- Company of the Year (Public)
- Best Deal Maker
In addition to those awards categories we also have the annual Hall of Fame. This is slightly different because, while the awards can only be won by those who enter, the Hall of Fame is decided upon entirely subjectively by the Light Reading editors, who pick nominees based on their opinions, helped by any suggestions we get through the entry forms. That's because the Hall of Fame recognizes the famous and infamous -- those who have made outstanding contributions to the global communications sector and a few who are the villains of the industry. You can get a sense of the types of people we welcome into the Hall of Fame, and why, by checking out the Light Reading Hall of Fame 2014 inductees.
The awards are judged by the Light Reading editorial team with help from the Heavy Reading analyst team. The deadline for entries is Friday, March 27, 2015. The shortlists will be announced in early May and the winners announced at the annual Leading Lights party/dinner, which will be held this year at the Field Museum (which is not devoted to the history and development of large grassy areas populated by livestock, I am assured) in Chicago on June 8, the evening before The Big Telecom Event (BTE) opens its doors. And what an event that's going to be...
See who won last year, and what happened at the awards (including the "carnage") by checking out these articles, videos and slideshows:
- Leading Lights Awards 2014: The Winners
- Leading Lights Winners: The Pictures
- Leading Fights: Awards Carnage
- Leading Lights 2014 Winners Video
So all that's left for me to says is good luck and get entering! And remember, you gotta be in it to win it!
— Ray Le Maistre, , Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading