Over the past year, Heavy Reading has examined and interviewed dozens of North American operators that provide Ethernet connectivity services and Ethernet-based applications. We have not found a service provider yet that does not have a good story to tell about the growth opportunities for Ethernet. The market is on fire with investment in new service and network innovations that are transforming the enterprise data services landscape and enabling support for a wide variety of mission-critical and non-mission-critical applications.
While Heavy Reading found inspiring change taking place throughout the market, we concluded that the service providers named below are most worthy of consideration for this year’s awards for: (1) Market Leadership; (2) Product Portfolio; and (3) Innovation. Enterprise customers and industry professionals will have a chance to hear directly from these carriers and learn about what makes them unique from Heavy Reading's perspective during next week’s Ethernet Expo 2006.
Market Leadership Award Finalists:
- Carrier Ethernet services strategy and plans
- Ethernet services revenue momentum and customer traction
- Breadth, depth, and geographic coverage of Ethernet connectivity services and applications portfolio
- Demonstrated efforts to increase Ethernet service availability
- Demonstrated commitment to deploy new network technologies that enhance the feature-richness of the Ethernet portfolio
- Demonstrated leadership within industry standards bodies and at Ethernet-related public events
- Variety of Ethernet connectivity services and Ethernet-based value-added applications
- Geographic distance options
- Markets served
- Service reach and coverage density within markets
- Service speeds and bandwidth scaleability
- Service performance and bandwidth profile attributes that can be used to make service-level agreements (SLAs)
- Proven means to smoothly migrate customers from legacy data services to next-generation Ethernet services
- Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) / Optimum Lightpath
- Masergy Communications Inc.
- Yipes Enterprise Services Inc.
- Clear commitment to shift customers from legacy data services toward next-generation Ethernet connectivity services and applications
- Deployment of new network technologies that enhance the feature-richness of the Ethernet portfolio
- SLA leadership
- Choice of service access on-ramps
- Solutions tailored for particular industry verticals
- Web service portals and other means of improving the customer experience
- Innovative sales and marketing campaigns
Come to Ethernet Expo 2006, a conference and exhibition focused on the evolution of Ethernet as a ubiquitous enabler of next-gen services in telecom networks, targeting residential and enterprise users. To be staged in New York City on October 23-25, admission is free for attendees meeting our prequalification criteria. For more information, click here.