LVL7’s new chassis software leverages the company’s distributed architecture and leadership experience in developing third-party software for enterprise-caliber stackable systems – a prior industry first. With FASTPATH 6000 software, OEMs can extend their product families to include systems suitable for enterprise wiring closets, aggregation applications, and similar business networking deployments.
In its FASTPATH 6000 software, LVL7 developed numerous operational capabilities that match the more rigorous physical and functional requirements of chassis configurations. For example, FASTPATH 6000 supports these high-performance attributes:
- redundant control and management planes, as well as the option for redundant data planes;
- management of physical and environmental elements for power, alarms and sensors;
- hot-insert detection and management of cards and modules;
- selectable, redundant software loads, including different software in different chassis modules; and,
- improved reliability via stand-by operation and faster switchover of software modules after fault detection.
“The combination of Broadcom’s market-leading StrataXGS III switch technology and LVL7’s FASTPATH networking software is now enabling a new class of products,” said Martin Lund, Vice President and General Manager of Broadcom's Network Switching Business Unit. “The chassis software from LVL7 harnesses the capabilities of our switching silicon and drives market-leading functionality while improving time-to-market.”
LVL7 Systems Inc.