x
Ethernet equipment

3Com Sets Vote Date

8:45 AM -- 3Com Corp. (Nasdaq: COMS) shareholders will convene at the vendor's Marlborough, Mass., headquarters at 8 a.m. on Friday, February 29, to vote on the proposed acquisition by Bain Capital and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (See 3Com Tastes the Bain.)

If the deal is approved, shareholders will receive $5.30 per share in cash, Huawei will own a 16.5 percent stake in 3Com, and Bain will hold the remaining 83.5 percent.

3Com's share price is currently $4.19.

Some reports, such as this one from AP, suggest there are still concerns about the potential security implications of Huawei owning a stake in a U.S. technology company.

— Ray Le Maistre, International News Editor, Light Reading

Be the first to post a comment regarding this story.
HOME
Sign In
SEARCH
CLOSE
MORE
CLOSE