According to the CEO of one of the lucky suppliers, who requested anonymity, the prime contractor managing the project is IBM Global Services.
”We have signed contracts with IBM GS, just not BellSouth yet, but it’s been passed off by the business people over there and we are just waiting on the lawyers,” the source says.
The list of vendors and the technology each is supplying looks like this:
- BroadSoft Inc. (feature server)
- Ceon Corp. (order management, service and fulfillment management)
- Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO) (routers)
- Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL) (CRM software)
- Siemens Information and Communication Networks (softswitch)
- TTI Telecom International Ltd. (Nasdaq: TTIL) (network element management).
There could be additional vendors involved in the contract, but Boardwatch's source seems to think these are the main ones. Both Oracle and TTI already have licenses with Bell South.
Read the full story on Boardwatch.
— Jo Maitland, Senior Editor, Boardwatch