Symantec Expands Cloud Security Portfolio
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Symantec today announced innovations and expansions to its cloud security portfolio, designed to help organizations protect the cloud generation applications and infrastructure they rely on. Symantec now delivers the broadest and deepest cloud protection available, allowing customers to fully embrace efficiencies without compromising their security posture.
As enterprises move critical infrastructure, applications and workloads to the cloud, they gain major advantages in scale, convenience, cost and performance. However, this adoption often comes without proper IT oversight or security controls, introducing risk for data loss, breaches and compliance violations.
To address these challenges, Symantec has developed the most complete suite of technologies and solutions for every cloud security and compliance need. The Integrated Cyber Defense Platform offers market-leading integrated security solutions covering a robust set of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technologies that businesses use every day.
Key portfolio updates include:
Protection for cloud infrastructure: New Cloud Workload Assurance for security posture management, Cloud Workload Protection (CWP) for Storage with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and CloudSOC CASB support for custom cloud applications. These new capabilities bolster infrastructure security and provide control over both the cloud data and control planes. IT departments can now:
- Protect all aspects of their cloud workloads and custom applications
- Manage compliance and security posture in AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Utilize advanced data and threat protection for AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Gain operational efficiencies and deep insights through constant monitoring and scanning
Security for cloud applications: Symantec CloudSOC CASB is the first to provide visibility, security and threat protection for any cloud application, including mobile and browser-based versions. Additionally, CloudSOC unveiled industry-leading API solution that significantly reduces the time it takes to identify and remediate security incidents.
New features include:
- API integrations for popular apps including Workday and Workplace by Facebook
- Custom Gatelet to secure any homegrown or public cloud apps
- Mobile app risk ratings and usage monitoring
- Fast API interface for Microsoft Office 365 and Box for improved security and performance
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile integration for simplified CASB provisioning on mobile devices
Expanded Cyber Security Services:
To help businesses secure their cloud journey and address staffing and resource challenges, Symantec introduced Symantec Managed Cloud Defense - providing the same broad suite of cloud security products powered by 24x7 monitoring, advanced analytics, response capabilities and world-class cloud SOC analysts. Managed Cloud Defense detects, protects and responds to cloud-based threats by correlating attack activity in the cloud with our Global Intelligence Network and by performing remote investigations, managed threat hunting and containment of cloud instances.
New features include:
- Monitoring of cloud platforms via native integrations with AWS and Azure for increased cloud visibility
- Cloud user and application monitoring for threats and shadow IT
- S3 permission monitoring for protecting storage of critical cloud-based data
- Remote incident investigation, containment, and threat hunting for rapid response
Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC)