How Cloud Storage Became Cool
Trust us when we say it: Cloud storage is now cool.
In fact, Enterprise Cloud News dedicated an entire webinar to the subject. In our latest installment, I spoke to Howard Marks about storing data in the cloud, and what IT needs to know about storage to help save money and better protect the data.
Marks, the founder and chief scientist at DeepStorage LLC, has 30 years of experience studying and working with enterprise storage issues. During our talk, Marks touched on several issues that have become important in the cloud era, including:
- The importance of object storage
- SaaS storage
- The cost of cold storage
- What sync and share means for the enterprise
- And why it pays to have good back-up and security plans
If you missed this special free webinar, ECN is hosting our talk on the website and you can download it at any time and listen on-demand. Please also check out our slides.
"Cloud & Storage: Driving the Enterprise Conversation" is available now.
- CIOs: Cloud Talent Is Closer Than You Think
- Serverless Is Cheaper Than VMs, Containers – Report
- Storage Now Driving New Cloud Pricing Fight: Report