- Heavy Reading's newest Cable Industry Insider, "The Superbox Arrives: Hybrid Gateways to Unify TV & IP," explores the prospects for hybrid gateways, including the market drivers, key technologies, MSO roadmaps, benefits and challenges. It also profiles six suppliers that showed hybrid gateways at the 2011 Cable Show. Read more the report in contributing analyst Craig Leddy's Heavy Lifting blog post, "Set-Tops, Modems Join in Royal Wedding."
- On a related note, next week Pyramid Research will publish a Europe Telecom Insider, "The Multiscreen Opportunity Makes for Great Viewing for Traditional Telcos in Europe," which points out that hybrid IPTV seems to be an answer for some telcos that don't want to rely solely on IPTV and who are latecomers to the pay-TV market. Check Pyramid's website next week for more details.
- Did you know that Pyramid Research also does custom research and consulting? We just updated the custom research and consulting pages on our website to showcase the services and value our analyst team provides in four main areas: Mobile Devices, Broadband & Media, Mobile Payments/Mobile Banking, and Regulation & Policy.
- You don't need to play sports to be an MVP. Become a Heavy Reading MVP to get exclusive previews of Heavy Reading's upcoming research, discounts on research purchases -- and even the chance to earn free reports and free passes to Heavy Reading events.
- Coming soon: Matt's Mentions, a regular email newsletter with the top telecom news from around the Web, curated by yours truly and organized by region. Watch this space for news about how you can get the same telecom newsletter Pyramid and Heavy Reading analysts have come to rely on in their own work.
That's Research Rewind for this week. Until next Friday, we'll see you online at Pyramid Research and Heavy Reading. May the telecom be with you!
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research