The awards were judged by Light Reading editors, with help from Heavy Reading and Pyramid Research analysts, and feedback from our network of sources throughout the industry.
Please refer to Light Reading's 2012 Leading Lights Finalists -- or you can click on a category name, below, for blogged explanations of why each finalist caught our editors' eyes.
- Best New Product (Cable)
- Best New Product (Mobile)
- Best New Product (Telecom)
- Best New Service or Application (Cable)
- Best New Service or Application (Mobile)
- Best New Service or Application (Telecom)
- Best Deal Maker
- Company of the Year (Private)
- Company of the Year (Public)
The Leading Lights program focuses on next-generation communications technology, applications, and services, and it rewards the companies that have performed well over the past year. Light Reading's Hall of Fame seeks to recognize several individuals -- the famous and infamous -- for their remarkable influence and contributions to the sector.
— The Staff, Light Reading