Upskill U Kicks Off Cloud Platforms & Services Series
As service providers move away from hardware-centric or hybridized networks, the cloud has emerged as an essential lynchpin in the transformation to virtualized, all-IP networks. Yet company culture, skillsets and the need for a solid strategy are just a few of the factors slowing service providers down. Upskill U aims to cover all the important aspects of transforming to cloud-based networks and services during Cloud Platforms and Services: 101, the introductory course to the University's four-part learning module on the cloud. (Register for Cloud Platforms & Services: 101.)
Jim Hodges, Senior Analyst, Core Network Evolution & Analytics, Heavy Reading will kick off the cloud module today as lecturer for the 101 course at 1:00 p.m. ET. Service providers and enterprise decision-makers won't want to miss this session on how cloud is impacting the industry, the business and technical drivers behind cloud implementation, and the challenges and benefits that are ahead. Hodges will guide listeners in identifying key questions to ask when developing a cloud implementation strategy, and explain how to develop sub-strategies for network monitoring, virtualization, security, hardware and more.
Mark your calendar for these exciting courses in the cloud platforms and services series:
- Cloudifying the Network (Friday, May 20, 1:00 p.m. ET): During this course, Mary Stanhope, Vice President, Marketing, Global Capacity, looks at how interconnection is evolving to meet the on-demand enterprise requirements, including the evolution of exchanges and the expansion of traditional colocation.
- Ethernet & the Cloud (Friday, June 10, 1:00 p.m. ET): Chris McReynolds, Vice President, Cloud & Data Services, Level 3 Communications, will discuss how the rise of virtualization is creating new demand for network-as-a-service options that combine physical and virtual network elements flexibly, while also delivering on the quality promises for which Carrier Ethernet has become known.
- Assuring Security in a Cloud-Based NFVi (Monday, June 13 1:00 p.m. ET): In this lecture, Patrick Donegan, Chief Analyst, Heavy Reading, covers ways of ensuring that security is preserved in the NFV environment and the security orchestration and other technologies needed for virtual networks.
Plus, don't miss our Upskill U Live @ BCE classes on 5G and mobile video. Join Upskill U in Austin, Texas at the BIG Communications Event for two complimentary hot breakfasts and lectures on May 24 and May 25 at 7:00 a.m. CT. Register for BCE with the discount code "UPSKILL" and receive $250 off your registration fee. We'll even throw in a free Upskill U headlamp for those who attend the Upskill U breakfast. (Register here.)
If you can't make it to BCE, we are also live streaming those courses so be sure to tune in online.
- LIVE AT BCE - 5G: Are We There Yet? (Tuesday, May 24, 8:30 a.m. ET) taught by Gerry Flynn, Director, Corporate Technology, Verizon Communications; and Gabriel Brown, Senior Analyst, Heavy Reading.
- LIVE AT BCE - Mobile Video: Finding a Solution (Wednesday, May 25, 8:30 a.m. ET) taught by Upinder Saini, Vice President, Wireless Product Management, Rogers Communications; and Alan Breznick, Cable/Video Practice Leader, Light Reading.
Don't miss our exciting lineup of courses this summer. See you on the chat boards!
— Kelsey Kusterer Ziser, Editor, Upskill U