"SuperBowlMonday.com is a grass-roots political campaign dedicated to making Super Bowl Sunday a new National Holiday, with observation on Monday following the big game." To woo your support, the Website includes a healthy selection of "facts," pulled out of someone's dark nether region, including:
- Research shows that about 25% of women actually enjoy watching the game.
- The game is televised in over 220 countries, with an audience estimated at close to a billion people.
- It is believed that an estimated 300-400 million dollars will be pumped in to the local economy of the host city.
- It is believed that close to 58% of people would rather take their bathroom breaks during the game than miss the commercials.
- If it wasn't for the people & fans, sports wouldn't be nothing!
- This is what America needs, for real Americans!!!!!!
- Greatest idea since hot dogs with cheese already in the middle.
- The Super Bowl is as much a part of American culture as anything else, and it's about time that everyone comes to terms with that.
— Larry, As-Much-a-Part-of-American-Culture-as-Hot-Dogs-With-Cheese-Already-in-the-Middle Monkey Light Reading