Arista Warns of 'Sudden Softening' From Major Cloud Customer
News Wire Feed Light Reading 10/31/2019
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Arista Networks today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Third Quarter Financial Highlights
- Revenue of $654.4 million, an increase of 7.6% compared to the second quarter of 2019, and an increase of 16.2% from the third quarter of 2018.
- GAAP gross margin of 63.8%, compared to GAAP gross margin of 64.1% in the second quarter of 2019 and 64.2% in the third quarter of 2018.
- Non-GAAP gross margin of 64.4%, compared to non-GAAP gross margin of 64.7% in the second quarter of 2019 and 64.6% in the third quarter of 2018.
- GAAP net income of $208.9 million, or $2.59 per diluted share, compared to GAAP net income of $168.5 million, or $2.08 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2018.
- Non-GAAP net income of $217.1 million, or $2.69 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $171.3 million, or $2.11 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2018.
"In Q3 2019 we continued to see the adoption of our cloud networking technology in more diverse environments. While we expect a sudden softening in Q4 with a specific cloud titan customer, we are committed to a sustainable and strong foundation of long-term growth, innovation and profitability," stated Jayshree Ullal, Arista President and CEO.
Commenting on the company's financial results, Ita Brennan, Arista's CFO, said, "We saw continued solid business execution in the quarter with strong earnings and cash flow generation."
For the fourth quarter of 2019, we expect:
- Revenue between $540 million and $560 million;
- Non-GAAP gross margin between 63% to 65%, and
- Non-GAAP operating margin of approximately 36%
sponsor supplied content
eSIM is a critical digital transformation journey for Mobile Network Operators but they can’t do it aloneEducational Resources Archive
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS
April 6-4, 2023, Virtual Event
April 25-27, 2023, Virtual Event
May 10, 2023, Virtual Event
May 15-17, 2023, Austin, TX
May 23, 2023, Digital Symposium
June 6-8, 2023, Digital Symposium
June 21, 2023, Digital Symposium
December 6-7, 2023, New York City
March 28, 2023 A 5G Transport Inflection Point: What’s Next?
March 29, 2023 Will Your Open RAN Deployment Meet User Expectations?
March 29, 2023 Are Your Cable/Fixed/FTTX Customers Impacted by Outages?
March 30, 2023 Taking the next step with Wi-Fi 6E
April 4, 2023 RAN Evolution Digital Symposium - Day 1
April 6, 2023 RAN Evolution Digital Symposium - Day 2
April 11, 2023 5G, from connectivity pipe to Network-as-a-platform: A transformative approach to designing, deploying and operating Modern 5G multi-cloud networks from core-to-edge
April 12, 2023 Harnessing the Power of Location Data
April 20, 2023 SCTE® LiveLearning for Professionals Webinar™ Series: Getting A Fix on Fixed WirelessWebinar Archive
PARTNER PERSPECTIVES - content from our sponsors
WBBA Director General: Creating a Roadmap for Broadband Advocacy By Pedro PereiraAll Partner Perspectives