- Shorter installation times: Saw said more "out-of-the-box" thinking is needed on how long it takes to align antennas in point-to-point microwave.
- Quality-of-service: He said it was "inexcusable" not to have quality-of-service in microwave today in the 21st century.
- Higher bandwidth radios: The market needs a Gigabit Ethernet interface supported in a single radio and not packaged together in two radios, he said. This is because Clearwire sometimes can't fit two radios onto a tower.
- Lower costs: If microwave is to become more competitive with fiber, then the equipment needs to be cheaper, said Saw.
- Millimeter wave technology: Equipment vendors need to invest more in this technology development.
— Michelle Donegan, European Editor, Unstrung