PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced the general availability of the HP SDN App Store, launching a new wave of open, software-defined networking (SDN) innovation for customers and partners.
The HP SDN App Store provides HP’s ecosystem partners a platform with consulting and support services that will enable customers to uncover the business value of SDN.
Customers can now easily discover, learn and purchase specific network applications and download them to their environment for testing and live deployment.
The HP SDN Application Store offers independent software vendors an easy way to bring creative solutions to market, enabling IT managers who embrace SDN architecture to solve their unique network challenges through these applications.
To help customers easily navigate the HP SDN App Store, HP will offer four different categories of applications defined by their support and test process:
- The HP Circle, with applications built and tested exclusively by HP.
- The Premium Circle, containing applications that are top sellers and jointly tested by HP and its partners.
- The Partner Circle, encompassing applications that have been self-tested by HP partners and reviewed by HP.
- The Community Circle, offering open-access and community-supported applications to demonstrate open source and concept SDN applications.
As part of the HP SDN App Store launch, HP is introducing six partner applications, in addition to two applications developed by HP:
- BlueCat DNS Director delivers network-driven enforcement of DNS policies.
- Ecode evolve is an SDN orchestrator for service provisioning with built-in quality of service and denial-of-service mitigation.
- F5 BIG DDoS Umbrella allows customers to implement network, application, DNS and SSL protection near the network edge, closer to the attacker.
- GuardiCore Defense Suite provides highly scalable, SDN-based network security for software-defined data centers, detecting and mitigating advanced persistent threats, malware propagation and insider attacks at an early stage.
- KEMP Adaptive Load Balancer Application, integrated with the HP VAN SDN Controller solution, provides end-to-end visibility of network paths for optimal routing of applications across the server and switching infrastructure.
- Real Status Hyperglance is a hybrid cloud and SDN simplified-management platform that provides a unified, full-scale, interactive topology view with 360-degree navigation, intuitive monitoring and context-aware controls for confident insight and action.
- HP Network Protector enables automated network posture assessment and provides real-time security across OpenFlow-enabled network devices.
- HP Network Optimizer for Microsoft Lync enables automated provisioning of network policy and quality of service to provide an enhanced end-user experience.
The HP SDN App Store will be generally available on Oct. 1. Applications will be available for immediate purchase directly from the store, with varied pricing options.
HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ)