Arrcus Raises $30M, Expands to Network Edge
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Arrcus, a leading provider of software driven solutions that power network transformation for the interconnected world, today announced $30 million in Series B funding. The oversubscribed round, which brings the total capital raised to $49 million, was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners and included full participation from existing investors General Catalyst and Clear Ventures. Having delivered production deployments across data center, content delivery network, and service provider environments, the funding enables Arrcus to expand its operations to support its rapidly-growing customer base, scale strategic partnerships, and expand the reach of its market-leading independent network operating system, ArcOS. With this announcement, Guru Chahal, Partner at Lightspeed, joins Steve Herrod, Managing Director at General Catalyst and Chris Rust, founder and General Partner at Clear Ventures on the board of directors.
Arrcus was founded in 2016 by Broadcom and Cisco veterans, Devesh Garg, Keyur Patel, and Derek Yeung. The Arrcus team consists of world-class, industry-leading technologists, from networking, routing, infrastructure, quality and reliability, and automation environments, who have an unparalleled record of having collectively shipped 600+ production volume products while holding 265+ patents/RFCs. Company advisors include:
- Pankaj Patel, former EVP and CDO, Cisco
- Amarjit Gill, serial entrepreneur who founded and sold companies to Apple, Broadcom, Cisco, EMC, Facebook, Google, and Intel
- Kelly Ahuja, former SVP/GM, Service Provider Business, Cisco & presently CEO, Versa
- Fred Baker, former Cisco Fellow, IETF Chair & Co-Chair, IPv6 Working Group
- Farzad Nazem, former CTO, Yahoo
- Rajiv Patel, ex-VP of Engineering, Juniper
- Shawn Zandi, Director of Network Engineering, LinkedIn
- Nancy Lee, CHRO of Lime, ex-VP of People, Google
The company has delivered networking innovations and solutions that provide a single, unified architecture across physical, virtual, and cloud network environments while delivering operational flexibility, superior performance, and security. As a result, customers can cost-effectively design, deploy, and manage infrastructure today while seamlessly scaling to the needs of Hyperscale Cloud, Edge, as well as 5G networks and beyond.
Arrcus Launches High-Density,100/400G Routing for Hyperscale Cloud, Edge & 5G Networks
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Arrcus, a leading provider of software driven solutions that power network transformation for the interconnected world, announced multiple high-density 100GbE and 400GbE routing solutions for hyperscale cloud, edge, and 5G networks. With this, Arrcus delivers a simple, scalable, and secure networking solution by providing superior bandwidth, low latency, fast convergence, and high availability at the lowest cost per terabit. Complementing this, the company is also announcing the availability of ArcIQ, an AI-driven analytics platform for delivering real-time, transformational insights and telemetry at scale for a modern network operations center (NOC) solution.
Arrcus also raised a $30M Series B financing led by Lightspeed Ventures to support rapidly-growing customer base, scale strategic partnerships, and expand the reach of its market-leading independent network operating system, ArcOS._ With this announcement, Arrcus provides a unified software solution that scales up, scales out, and powers a family of platforms for the following new use cases:
- Deep-Buffer, high-density 100G/400G IP Clos
- Data center Spines/Leafs
- Edge cloud PoPs
- 5G PoPs
- Internet Peering
- Deep-buffer, high-density 100G/400G internet routing
- RPKI-based Route Origin Validation (ROV)
- BGP Flowspec-based DDoS mitigation
The new ArcOS-based platforms, based on Broadcom's 10Tbps, highly-flexible and programmable StrataDNX Jericho2 switch-router system-on-a-chip (SoC), include:
- 24 ports of 100G + 6 ports of 400G
- 40 ports of 100G
- 80 ports of 100G
- 96 ports of 100G
Additionally, the ArcOS software architecture has the foundational attributes to scale out to an open aggregated routing solution, which unlike a chassis-based solution, allows for flexible, on-demand, cost-effective bandwidth growth that operators are grappling with in their backbones.
These solutions are optimized to meet the most challenging needs of hyperscale cloud, edge, and 5G networks. Combined with ArcOS, they require no forklift upgrades for deployment, enable investment preservation, and are future-proofed while offering customers simplified operations, scalable performance, enhanced security, and disruptive economics.
Key features enabled on these Jericho2-based platforms include:
- Faster network speeds - up to 10 Tbps switching capacity, which delivers 5X the performance compared to previous generation of Jericho+
- 4X increase in port density per chip compared to previous generation of Jericho+
- Higher route table scale - up to 2.6M IPv4 routes (1.3M IPv6) on chip
- Higher ACL scale of 96K with full IPv6 egress ACL support
- Line-rate flow monitoring with sFlow® that enables real-time flow visibility at scale
- Support for IPv4/IPv6/MPLS/Segment Routing forwarding
- Open standards-based BGP Flowspec
- Efficient, carrier-grade traffic management with scalable packet buffer memory
- Visibility into HW resource utilization (ACLs, routes, etc.) to assist with traffic distribution
- Selectable scale profiles with an ability to switch between profiles without a full system reboot
- Comprehensive ArcOS feature support with in-built automation and real-time visibility
ArcIQ is an AI-driven analytics platform that provides enhanced real time visibility, control, and security. Designed to be a centralized analytics platform for the modern NOC, it is open, standards-based, easy to integrate with third-party monitoring systems, and deployable either on-premise or in the cloud. As network devices stream state-based information from the control and data planes, as well as environmental information, ArcIQ detects anomalies, provides visualization for corrective actions, and maximizes network uptime. It continuously learns, automates, and secures to radically simplify network operations and defend against the ever-evolving cybersecurity threats.
The 24x100G + 6x400G, 40x100G, 80x100G and 96x100G platforms will be generally available in Q3'19. ArcIQ, the Arrcus analytics solution, is available for customer evaluation immediately with general availability planned for Q4'19.