SCTE•ISBE, Light Reading Team on 2019 LiveLearning Webinar Series
Nashua, N.H., and Exton, Pa. --Light Reading, the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), and SCTE’s global arm, the International Society of Broadband Experts (ISBE), today announced a new partnership that will enhance learning and development opportunities for SCTE•ISBE members.
Under the agreement, Light Reading and SCTE•ISBE are partnering for creation and delivery of SCTE•ISBE LiveLearning Webinars™ for Professionals, a series of live, interactive web-based seminars offered on the third Thursday of every month. The series, which will be hosted by Light Reading cable/video practice leader Alan Breznick, will feature contributions from MSO, technology partner, and association thought leaders within the market.
The 2019 webinar series will debut on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 11 a.m. Eastern time, with a discussion on improving the customer wireless and Wi-Fi experience. Subsequent webinars will feature insights on:
- How to deploy deep fiber (Feb. 21);
- Delivering services over a distributed access architecture (March 21);
- Maintaining HFC networks, including test, measurement, connectorization and cleaning (April 18);
- The impact of Full Duplex DOCSIS on cable networks (May 16);
- Adopting cloud computing (June 20);
- Mobility, 5G and cable (July 18);
- Virtualizing the cable architecture (Aug. 15);
- Bringing HDR video to life (Sept. 19);
- Where to automate in the cable network (Oct. 17);
- Securing the cable network (Nov. 14); and
- Deploying next-generation passive optical networks (Dec. 12).
More information and registration will be available soon at https://www.scte.org/SCTE/Professional_Development/LiveLearning_Webinars/SCTE/Resources/LiveLearningWebinars.aspx?hkey=0934dcd2-ab26-4c66-b099-be1e9741f3d7.
“Our Corporate Alliance Partners and individual members rely on SCTE•ISBE LiveLearning Webinars to build and maintain smarter and more effective workforces without requiring the cost and productivity impact of travel to training locations,” said Zenita Henderson, vice president, marketing and business development for SCTE•ISBE. “Partnering with Light Reading will ensure that our members will have access to top-quality industry experts via Light Reading’s high-quality, market-proven delivery platform.”
“Light Reading continues to seek new ways to help cable and telecommunications professionals to grow their careers,” said Jonathan Keller, managing director of Light Reading. “We’re looking forward to working closely with SCTE•ISBE to deliver market-leading training on topics that are essential to the future of the industry.”
Sponsorships for the new series are available. Interested companies should contact Todd Marquez, vice president, sales for Light Reading, for additional information at [email protected] or by calling 720-328-8142.