VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Incognito Software Systems, a global provider of broadband device provisioning, IP address management, bandwidth monitoring, and service activation solutions, today announced that both Guangdong Provincial CATV and Chongqing CATV, two Chinese cable and high-speed data providers with a combined total of more than 21 million subscribers, have selected Incognito Auto Configuration Server. With this solution, the two providers will be able to bring new services such as IPTV, WiFi, and gaming to market.
With over 15 million cable TV subscribers, Guangdong Provincial CATV is one of the largest cable operators in China. The provincial cable operator controls 21 prefecture-level operators including Foshan CATV, Zhuhai CATV, and Guangzhou(Canton) CATV, and offers services such as cable TV, high speed data, and voice over IP.
In order to meet the demands of its increasingly technologically-savvy subscriber base, Guangdong Provincial CATV is deploying smarter TR-069-based home gateways which will allow home devices such as mobile phones and tablets to easily connect wirelessly. With its focus on enhanced WiFi experiences, Incognito Auto Configuration Server will play a key role in that transformation.
With five million cable TV subscribers and more than 1.1 million high speed data subscribers, Chongqing CATV has the most high speed data subscribers of any cable operator in China.
“The Chinese broadband landscape has been maturing steadily over the years,” said Mr. Zhang Yong, Vice Chief Technical Officer of Chongqing CATV. “To support the needs of our customers, we need to extend the capabilities of our internal systems to support various scenarios and new services. The Incognito solution helps us achieve this while also helping us establish more streamlined and intelligent operational processes.”
With Incognito Auto Configuration Server, the operators will benefit from:
- New revenue opportunities. Chongqing CATV and Guangdong CATV will be able to expedite the mass deployment of new services such as WiFi management, IPTV, and gaming
- Enhanced quality of experience. With real-time key performance indicators, the two operators will be able to gain a clear understanding of service performance
- Multi-standard device provisioning. A complete solution that enables both DOCSIS and TR-069 provisioning to reduce management costs for both operators
- Preservation of existing investments. Through the open APIs of the Incognito solution, the two providers can tightly integrate the TR-069 provisioning solution into their existing systems while establishing more streamlined processes
- Flexible extensibility. As subscriber demands evolve, both operators can extend the existing systems to support new services and devices