Another common thread was the that the subscription TV business remains challenging amid skyrocketing programming costs and thinning margins, creating a need for telcos of all sizes to continue to think outside the set-top box and pursue new video revenue opportunities and business models.
There's so much change afoot that the name of the show itself is undergoing a bit of a metamorphosis. TelcoTV has been rechristened TelcoVision, reflecting a broadened focus that still includes TV, but also wireless, Ethernet and the cloud, and business strategies for Tier 2/3/4 carriers. (See TelcoTV to Become TelcoVision.)
Click on the image below for a short slideshow from our editors' travels:
And catch up on the news, views and the other slideshow from TelcoTV 2012:
- 5 Key TelcoTV Takeaways
- TelcoTV 2012: Las Vegas Photos
- U-Verse TV Marches Out 1M+ Wireless Receivers
- Windstream Gets Hip to Over-the-Top Video
- Verizon/Redbox Combo Set for Q4 Breakout
And here's a round-up of our LRTV coverage:
- TelcoTV 2012: Windstream's Big OTT Play
- TelcoTV 2012: AT&T's Video App Edge
- TelcoTV 2012: Rural Telcos Battle FCC Funding Changes
- TelcoTV 2012: OTT Is H.O.T.
— The Staff, Light Reading