The new features, available to new and existing customers, include:
- HD technology that produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV delivering rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie theater quality sound. AT&T U-verse offers customers access to a growing lineup of more than 25 HD channels, more than the local cable providers. New HD customers can receive two months of free HD programming ($10 per month thereafter).
- Web-remote access to digital video recorder (DVR), which allows customers to schedule recordings using their AT&T Yahoo!® Internet account. This feature is unique to AT&T among local providers.
- The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver, another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
- An expanded lineup of available programming with more than 300 channels, including digital music, local, and premium movie and sports programming.
- New set top boxes, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include specially-designed universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, DVR, and other services.
These add to an already impressive list of existing features included with AT&T U-verse services, such as fast channel changing, free wireless home networking, easy-to-use program search capabilities, and built-in picture-in-picture functionality. AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
“Since we launched AT&T U-verse in San Antonio earlier this year, we've told our customers that HD was on the way,” said Brooks McCorcle, vice president and general manager of the South Texas region. "Today we proudly deliver that promise of HD programming and other great new features. We will continue to bring exciting features to our U-verse customers over the next several months."
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T)