Here's a glimpse of what's happening next week in the land of cable:
- We'll know by mid-day next Wednesday (October 24) whether the Dolans have the votes necessary to take Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) private, or if the bid has blown up on the launch pad.
- Arris Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) is reporting earnings on Wednesday afternoon. Will it drop another deployment bomb like it did when announcing its second quarter? How about another acquisition? Nah, probably too early. (See Comcast Taps Arris for Edge QAM Initiative and What's Next for Arris?)
- Will Harmonic Inc. (Nasdaq: HLIT) announce an acquisition deal Tuesday in concert with its third quarter earnings, like it did with the second quarter and the snapping up of Rhozet Corp. ? (See Harmonic's Mobile Video Marriage.)
- We've got to be getting close to knowing the outcome of the Cablevision Remote Storage-DVR appeal. (See As the RS-DVR World Turns.)
- Comcast Corp. (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), cable's bellwether, reports its third quarter early Thursday morning. Will high-speed growth get back on track? Will we get more details about its Docsis 3.0 activity?
- Also on Thursday, C-COR Corp. (Nasdaq: CCBL) posts its fiscal first quarter. By then perhaps we'll know for sure whether any rival bidders have come a-knockin'. (See Arris Bids $730M for C-COR.)
— Jeff Baumgartner, Site Editor, Cable Digital News