Why this is important
Backing from Intel isn't a guarantee of success, but it lends credibility to Verismo, a lesser-known name despite being seven years old. The company is among several that are pitching ways for telcos and cable operators to blend over-the-top video with traditional TV/video services. It was a strong theme at TelcoTV last week, with options being shown by more established competitors such as Minerva Networks Inc. , Nokia Networks , and Orca Interactive Ltd.
For more ...
Our TelcoTV wrap-up is a good place to start. But if you're looking for specific headlines, here's a handful.
- Verismo Gives Cable an OTT Weapon of Its Own
- Entone Crafting VUDU-Powered Cable Boxes
- TelcoTV 2010: Apple's Cord-Cutting Fanboys
- IPTV Bogeymen: 2 Down, 1 Still Looms
- Boxee Launches Cord-Cutting Box
- TelcoTV 2010: Should the Feds Fund Entertainment?
- Minerva Goes Over the Top
- Telcos & TV: Will Going Everywhere Take Us Somewhere?
- Video: Dishing Up TV Everywhere
- Video: Over the Top in Toledo
— Craig Matsumoto, West Coast Editor, Light Reading