I realize Ergen doesn't want to announce his plans with that spectrum he's bound to get until he truly has it in hand, but hard to believe he isn't ready to pull the trigger on 1-3 strategies. Which option are you betting on? I think he'd like to keep some for himself for a mobile broadband play, but I think he'd also be eager to sell some off if he can fetch a good price. JB
With any spectrum asset, it could be just a wait and see kind of buy. It's reasonable to assume it'll only become more valuable over the next few years. So maybe he really doesn't have a plan, except that you should buy valuable stuff when it goes on sale.
Of course, that doesn't match with his track record, but maybe he's a goldbug, too. :)
Sure, that's a reasonable assumption that he'll bide his time and weigh his options. I guess I'd just be surprised if he doesn't already have several options under consideration and decide to pull the trigger when he thinks one of them can get a decent return. But staying true to form, Ergen's not about to reveal what those options are, but there's a good amount of plausible speculation out there now on what he might do. But if he was forced to do something right away, I'd wager that he'd sell some off to T-Mobile and/or Leap. JB.