NEW YORK – NBCUniversal announced a new organizational structure for the company. The new structure, which is effective immediately, closely aligns NBCUniversal's television networks – including NBC Entertainment, Telemundo, the cable entertainment networks (USA, SYFY, Bravo, Oxygen, E!, Universal Kids), International Networks as well as the new streaming service, Peacock, under one division led by Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. Lazarus will also continue to oversee the NBC Sports Group, owned television stations, and affiliate relations.
"This is the right structure to lead NBCUniversal into the future during this transformational time in the industry," said Jeff Shell, CEO, NBCUniversal. "Mark has a proven track record across every aspect of our television business from sports to local stations to entertainment. He is the ideal leader to oversee our television and streaming portfolio in this newly formed division, which allows us to have a more unified approach to our content strategy."
The company's news networks will be organized into a single unit and led by Cesar Conde, who assumes the newly created role of Chairman, NBCUniversal News Group, which now includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC.
Both Lazarus and Conde report directly to Shell.
NBC News Group President Andy Lack has decided to step down and will transition out of the company at the end of the month. Noah Oppenheim, President of NBC News; Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC; and Mark Hoffman, Chairman of CNBC; will now report to Conde. A new leader of Telemundo Enterprises, replacing Conde, will be announced later. Until then, the Telemundo leadership team will report directly to Lazarus.
Rounding out the NBCUniversal senior management team, the following executives continue to report directly to Shell:
- Matt Bond, Chairman, Content Distribution
- Bonnie Hammer, Chairman of NBCUniversal Content Studios
- Kim Harris, EVP and General Counsel
- Kathy Kelly-Brown, SVP, Strategic Initiatives
- Anand Kini, EVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
- Ron Meyer, Vice Chairman
- Adam Miller, EVP
- Craig Robinson, EVP and Chief Diversity Officer
- Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Parks & Resorts
- Linda Yaccarino, Chairman of Advertising Sales & Client Partnerships
Under the new structure, the following executives will lead businesses reporting to Lazarus:
- Frances Berwick, President, Lifestyle Networks
- Ken Bettsteller, President, International Networks
- Peter Bevacqua, President, NBC Sports Group
- Philip Martzolf, President, NBCUniversal Affiliate Relations
- Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks
- Valari Staab, President, NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations
- Matt Strauss, Chairman of Peacock
- Paul Telegdy, Chairman, NBC Entertainment
Read the full announcement here.