Telekom Malaysia Invests in M1

Telekom Malaysia increases its stake in MobileOne by 12.06% to 17.7%

August 19, 2005

1 Min Read

SINGAPORE -- M1 warmly welcomes today’s announcement byTelekom Malaysia Bhd that it is acquiring a 12.06 % interest in MobileOne Ltdthrough SunShare Investments Limited (SunShare), its joint-venture company. Thisproposed acquisition is subject to approval by the regulatory authorities in Singapore.Coupled with its existing 5.64 % stake in M1, SunShare will hold a total interest ofapproximately 17.7% at the completion of the transaction.

M1’s Chief Executive Officer, Neil Montefiore, said: “Telekom Malaysia is a leadingregional information and communications provider and will be an important strategicpartner for M1. Both companies are currently members of the Asian Mobility Initiativeand have already established a good working relationship. With Telekom Malaysiataking a stake in M1, we look forward to strengthening as well as deepening thisrelationship.”

MobileOne Ltd. (M1)

Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes it's completely free.

You May Also Like