We know there are hundreds of thousands of women in the comms industry who are working tirelessly to champion the cause of their fellow females and to drive technology advancements that will define communications for years to come. This year, we want to highlight three of the best and brightest.
Light Reading's annual Leading Lights awards are returning and, with them, the second round of Women in Comm's three awards reserved for women in our industry who are making a big difference. Like last year, the awards will include:
- Most Inspiring Woman in Comms: A special award, voted on by the WiC Board of Advisors, that seeks to recognize a woman who has worked tirelessly and effectively to advance the cause of women and girls in the next-gen comms industry.
Hedy Lamarr Award for Female Tech Pioneer of the Year: A special award, voted on by the WiC Board of Advisors, that seeks to recognize a woman in the next-gen comms industry for her remarkable influence and technological contributions to the sector in the past year.
Female-Led Startup to Watch: Awarded to a startup that the WiC Board of Advisors sees as having considerable potential to disrupt the industry, advance technology and have a lasting impact.
We were impressed with the number and quality of entries last year, serving as a good reminder that despite the negativity that often clouds tech, there are so many impressive women doing impressive things in the next-gen comms industry. You can read up on our past winners and finalists here:
- Women in Comms Leading Lights: The Finalists
- WiC Leading Lights Finalists: Female-Led Startup to Watch
- WiC Leading Lights Finalists: Most Inspiring Woman in Comms
- WiC Leading Lights Finalists: Hedy Lamarr Award for Female Tech Pioneer of the Year
- Women in Comms' Leading Lights Awards Winners Revealed
Find details on the WiC Leading Lights, as well as the 26 other categories, at the Leading Lights 2017 home page. And don't be afraid to put yourself forward for consideration as well. We know you're worthy!
The WiC awards will be judged by WiC's esteemed Board of Advisors, made up of 20 top executives in the industry, with help from the Light Reading editors and Heavy Reading analysts. The deadline for entries is this Friday, March 17, 2017. The shortlists will be announced in late April and the winners announced at an awards dinner in Austin (further details to follow) on Monday, May 15, following a full day of Women in Comms activities, including an expanded networking luncheon, keynote presentations and two power panels.
— Sarah Thomas, , Director, Women in Comms