Unlike the more authoritative Institutional Investor rankings, which bases its criteria on a survey of buy-side analysts, the Journal's rankings are entirely quantitative-based and only take into account the performance of the analyst's stock picks throughout the year. Here're the top three in telecom services and telecom equipment:
Fixed Line Telecommunications
- Qaisar Hasan - Buckingham Research Associates
- Joseph Bonner - Argus Research Co.
- Barry Sine - Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
- Rich Church - Collins Stewart plc
- James McIlree - Collins Stewart plc
- Phil Cusick - Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.
— Raymond McConville, Reporter, Light Reading