Broadband in the Home
For the home, Motorola will be showcasing a live demonstration of Microsoft IPTV Edition, running on the VIP1260. Motorola will also display its VIP family of advanced high-definition (HD) set-tops based on system-on-a- chip (SOC) technology to support IPTV Edition deployments.
Seamless Mobility from Motorola
A leader in Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA), Motorola is demonstrating its end-to-end UMA solution including the A910 handset, the RSG2500 WiFi router and 3GPP standards-compliant network infrastructure. UMA enables operators to offer lower-cost mobile calls in the home via WiFi and broadband networks with better coverage and higher capacity. Users benefit from the convenience of using the mobile in the home at low-cost with a seamless experience when moving in and out of the home.
Motorola will showcase its ultra-broadband fibre-to-the-home solutions that provide the capacity to deliver rich consumer experiences into the home. These solutions supply the extra network capacity and bandwidth management that is needed to serve triple-play applications.
Demonstrations of the following will be available at the show
- Seamless advanced service delivery over B-PON and G-PON based Passive Optical Networking (PON) architectures -- simultaneously
- Single, unified view and management of video, data and voice services across different network architectures
- Flexible path for service and network evolution while ensuring operational continuity
Industry Leading Wireless Broadband
Motorola is showcasing MOTOwi4(TM), its comprehensive portfolio of wireless broadband solutions which offer a cost-effective means for delivering wireless connectivity for fixed, portable, and mobile applications. MOTOwi4 highlights include:
- For the first time in EMEA, Motorola will demonstrate its powerline MU gateway and modem, a broadband over powerline (BPL) solution designed to serve multi-dwelling units. Motorola's powerline products extend broadband connectivity to multi-unit dwellings, distributing broadband over the building's power grid.
- For cost-effective wireless video monitoring, Motorola is exhibiting Sony's SNC-RX550P IPELA camera, which is integrating directly with Motorola's Mesh Enabled Architecture (MEA) -- wi4 MOTOMESH(TM). The compatibility with Motorola's MEA technology transforms the Sony cameras into routers in the network. The solution is ideal for cities and government agencies looking to improve situational awareness and incident response.
- Motorola will also display wi4 WiMAX solutions including access points and customer premises equipment. Motorola is at the forefront of WiMAX development, and has been selected by both Sprint Nextel and Wateen Telecom to deploy nationwide WiMAX networks.
Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT)