But those who did make the trip to the Big Easy were treated to a fresh look at cable's technology agenda, which is now firmly fixed with strategies involving IPTV migrations, TV Everywhere, and the promise of bandwidth-efficient, video-optimized content distribution networks (CDNs). (See Cable Show 2010: The Hot List.)
Click on the image below to start a slideshow that recounts some of what we saw last week:
And if you missed something, check out our SCTE Cable-Tec Show Site, or one of the stories below (including news from the CTAM Summit from earlier in the week):
- Cable-Tec Expo: Lack of Standards Hinders 3DTV
- Huawei Expands Its Cable CPE Universe
- Cable-Tec Expo: Cable Grapples With OTT Video
- Cisco Pops Pay-As-You-Go CMTS Play
- CTAM Summit: 3DTV Is Poised to Pop
- Cable-Tec Expo: What's the Magic IPTV Number?
- BigBand Plots Plans for Comcast's CMAP
- Cable ITV: Is It a Real Business Yet?
— Jeff Baumgartner, Site Editor, Light Reading Cable